Dang cluster [Dang, Rolpa, Kapilvastu]
INF's work in Dang cluster focuses on:
- rehabilitation for people with disabilities within their communities
- educating people about HIV/AIDS
- mother and child health
- hygiene and safe water
- improving health for poor and marginalised people
- helping people out of poverty
- climate change
Neil and Inge
“In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: “It is more blessed to give than to receive.”
Shyam BK oversees INF’s community work in the Dang cluster and is supported by Anjali Baral for Kapilvastu and Arjun Kapri for Rolpa. Inge [married to Neil] is INF’s Maternal and Child Health Advisor for the Mid-West, and they are based in Nepalgunj.
Keshav Chaudhary is a typical staff member working with Self Help Groups for people living with a disability or HIV/AIDS. Keshav says that often people are reluctant to seek help because of the stigma attached to their conditions. He is thankful that this is beginning to change.
We are grateful to God:
- that in Kapilvastu maternal and neonatal death rates have gone down thanks to a new birthing centre which the team has helped to establish
- for the safety of staff like Keshav who often travel alone to remote areas
- for the families, still grieving, who lost loved ones in last year’s landslide in Rolpa
- for the success of a new women's empowerment project starting in Rolpa district
Unless the Lord builds the house the builders labour in vain [Psalm 127:1]
All that INF does needs to be undergirded with prayer. We are so grateful to everyone who faithfully prays for our work, for our staff, and especially for the Nepali people we aim to serve.
Money can only do so much. But God uses our prayers to change hearts and minds, and to build the work done in His name.
Will you sign up to receive prayer updates and join us as we stand together, praying for Nepal?
TO FIND OUT ABOUT PRAYER GROUPS IN YOUR AREA
please call Lynda on 0121 472 2425 or email firstname.lastname@example.org