Supporting Government health services
2017 Fistula Camp
We are grateful to God that this year's Fistula Camp went so well. Many women had surgery and most operations were successful. Please pray that those who need additional surgery will come to the next camp. Pray that those whose surgery has been completed will be accepted back into their families and communities.
Bishnu and Indira
“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.”
As well as providing care through its own clinics, INF also supports Government health services in other hospitals, and helps develop areas of medical care that are desperately needed in Nepal.
In the border town of Nepalgunj, INF supports partner organisation SSS which works in Bheri Zonal Hospital. Bishnu , Indira and Mina are patient advocates, who care for the social, spiritual and physical needs of patients. They make sure people who are not used to the hospital systems, are too poor to pay for treatment, or who do not have relatives with them, get the care they need.
Shirley is INF’s gynaecologist. She divides her time between supporting work at Mid-West Regional Hospital in Surkhet, and training medical staff in gynaecology procedures. Two nurses, Kripa Chaudhary and Dil Kumari Giri, travel to other areas of the Western Region to train health post workers about obstetric fistula. They will also train the new staff when the fistula centre opens. Gyan Gurung, who has been working in INF Surkhet for many years, has now joined the team. He will travel widely to reach community groups and schools with fistula awareness. He will also visit fistula patients in their homes and help those who have registered for camps but been unable to attend because of lack of a guardian able to accompany them or funds for their journey.
We are grateful to God:
- that the construction of the new fistula centre has begun and should be complete by the end of 2017
- that the patient advocates in Nepalgunj will continue to help patients in desperate need get the right care and support
- for the successful completion of the fistula centre building, and the recruitment of the right team to work there
- that Kripa and Dil will be able to establish nursing protocols, and plan how to train nurses to give compassionate and excellent nursing care to fistula patients at the new centre
- that Gyan will be able to raise awareness about fistula and its treatment in community groups and schools
- that there will be enough money to cover all the costs of the fistula camp planned for later this year
Unless the Lord builds the house the builders labour in vain [Psalm 127:1]
All that INF does needs to be undergirded with prayer. We are so grateful to everyone who faithfully prays for our work, for our staff, and especially for the Nepali people we aim to serve.
Money can only do so much. But God uses our prayers to change hearts and minds, and to build the work done in His name.
Will you sign up to receive prayer updates and join us as we stand together, praying for Nepal?
TO FIND OUT ABOUT PRAYER GROUPS IN YOUR AREA
please call Lynda on 0121 472 2425 or email firstname.lastname@example.org